Saturday, September 22, 2018

Trying Luu New Tung Kee Noodle's Fried Flour Cake

Sate Beef Rice Stick With Peanut and Fried Flour Cake With Egg

I made it back out to my favorite Luu Tung Kee Noodle in Mountain View, California today. This time I went beyond my usual #2 sate beef rice stick (still deliciously refreshing, even if the meat was a bit tough) by adding #28: fried flour cake with egg. I had it many, many years ago, but don't recall it being this sweet, as they put some kind of sauce on it that caramelized in the pan. By itself, that actually sounds pretty good. But somehow in my mind, I was hoping for a savory fish sauce-laced Teochew oyster omelette instead. Oh well.

1 comment:

JadedOne said...

You should try China Chen in San Jose. Their noodle soups are so much better than Tung Kee and they have the fried flour cake. It's one of my favorite places to go when I'm craving noodle soup. They don't have the sate beef rice stick though.