Thursday, January 11, 2018

Saboten's Shaved Padano Cheese Truffle Katsu

Saboten's Shaved Padano Cheese Truffle Katsu

Saboten is only offering this special cheese and truffle katsu for a few more days, so I came by today to give it a try. It was pretty small: just a little hockey puck-sized piece that can be eaten in just a few bites. Thus, it's meant to supplement your main protein rather than act as it. But I'm a cheap bastard. So my hack was to order this and add a basic set of rice, cabbage, and soup to fill me up.

The good thing was that they didn't overdo the truffle, thus avoiding being an all too overused cliché these days. But I also wished that they were a bit more generous with the cheese. Well, it honestly didn't make that much of a difference in the end. So if I come back, it's not because of the truffle and cheese, but because I figured out a way to get a meal for at least a third less than the usual sets that they offer.

No comments: