Friday, January 12, 2018

Revisiting Pastaria Abate on Craig Road, Singapore

Porcini Ravioli in Burnt Butter

Somehow I nearly forgot about this place. But I was reminded of it the other day and thus came down here to get this porcini ravioli in burnt butter. It was cooked wonderfully firm, and I nearly wanted to drink the butter sauce if it weren't for the pinch of minced garlic in there.

Tagliarini Marinara

Actually, I've been here three times this week. The second time, I asked if they offered a larger portion given how the usual one is very small. And they did indeed: for just S$2 (US$1.50) more, they gave me that huge pile of carbs above. Total price of that upsized homemade tagliarini marinara? Only S$10.80 (US$8)! This place is such a bargain that I decided to come back for dinner.

Steak Florentine

And dinner I did indeed, but that's when the buzzkill set in. I overheard someone ordering a steak Florentine, so I got one too. But bistecca alla fiorentina it was not! (more like Jack's Place, actually) Granted, it was only S$15.80 (US$12), but next time I'll stick to the pasta.

No comments: