Sunday, January 07, 2018

Seng Huat Western at Zion Riverside Food Centre

Beef Burger Rice

For some reason, I was craving ground beef tonight, and I didn't want to spend a lot of money either. McDonald's thus seemed like an obvious choice, but the patties in their basic hamburgers are very dry. So I figured that maybe I'd try this guy's "beef burger rice" (70 Zion Road #01-12), and I was surprised by how much I liked it. The patty was juicy and tender, not to mention tasty given the minced onions in there. Plus, he grilled it nicely with a bit of char on the edges. That gravy was fortunately very light too, making it all go down well with the rice and egg. I liked it so much that next time I'm going to ask him if he can give me *two* patties!

Afterthought: hey, I just realized...isn't this effectively a Hawaiian loco moco?!?

No comments: