Saturday, July 29, 2017

Ramen Revolution at Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore

Masamune Shio

There's a ramen festival down at Resorts World this weekend. To my disappointment, pretty much every stall there already has a presence in Singapore (think: Kajiken, Keisuke, Marutama, Machida Shoten, and Sakura). The only one without a local outlet was one called Menya Masamune, and to no surprise, it was the only stall with a line this morning.

Masamune Shio

I went for the cheaper bowl, and was delighted to find a tasty fatty slice of pork with a nice grilled aroma to it, making me immediately regret not paying S$5 (US$3.70) more for the premium bowl that would've given me a couple more slices of that wonderful stuff. The broth was punchy and salty too. I could've easily gone back for seconds, even if the noodles weren't anything great.

Mazemen de Canard

But actually, there was one shop from Singapore that I didn't mention earlier: Ramen Atelier. I tried their store out at Science Park not long ago, and I didn't really care much for it. Still, it's not often that I'm out in that neighborhood, so I figured I'd try it again while it was right in front of me. And fortunately, I liked that mazesoba above, with a surprisingly citrus-y zing to go with the salty duck confit. I didn't bother with any other stalls though.

No comments: