Monday, March 13, 2017

Hamburg Steak Keisuke in Tanjong Pagar, Singapore

Keisuke Prime Beef Hamburg Steak Set

Keisuke opened his new hanbaagu restaurant today, which apparently also goes under the much longer alias Teppanyaki Hamburg Nihonbashi Keisuke Bettei (72 Peck Seah Stret, 6908-4348). I went for the original steak along with the original sauce. The patty was really tender, but it also seemed like he used a lot of flour in it. Either way, it was fragrant enough that I wouldn't mind coming back for it as long as I don't have any meetings afterwards (they provided aprons but I still came out smelling like food).

Actually, the thing that got a bigger emotional response from me was his "Keisuke Special" salad dressing. What was so special about it? It was largely ginger and miso I believe, but it tasted exactly like a salad dressing that I had at one of my favorite Japanese restaurants when I was a kid. This was part of an unlimited refill salad bar, including a bunch of noodle-based salads, so there's pretty much no way that you can leave hungry from this place.

In that sense, this place kinda reminded me of his TORITAKE and Gyoza King restaurants in that you basically left here completely stuffed. This place isn't as crude as the other two though, so I'd rather come here if I really wanted to stuff my face. Interestingly, he also has an all-you-can-eat egg bar where they make eggs in all sorts of different forms, including not just omelettes and sunny side up, but also tamagoyaki. He's got a bit of an egg fetish at most of his restaurants, eh?

No comments: