Thursday, July 02, 2015

Keisuke's Tendon Ginza Itsuki in Singapore

Tendon

I geeked out for today's opening, marking my calendar and scrambling out of the office to try to beat the crowds (101 Tanjong Pagar Road, 6221-6678). A handful of folks were already ahead of me in line, but I got seated with ease before the rest of the crowds came in.

I wasn't really expecting much from the food given that I've never been a huge fan of tendon anyway (too soggy and greasy for me). I was surprised that one of the tempura pieces had an oozing egg yolk inside, which made the rice more fun to eat. But otherwise, nothing got me too excited.

Perhaps more impressive were the decor and those beautiful serving vessels. Keisuke-san himself was manning the counter today too. Still, the smell of grease pervades the place, so I hope I don't stink too much, as I've got meetings later in the afternoon.

No comments: