Friday, July 03, 2015

MEATliquor SINgapore on Duxton Road

Cheeseburger

I don't think I've ever had a British burger. The closest I've come is Gourmet Burger Union in Hong Kong, which isn't exactly British either. Anyway, I needed a stiff drink and a quick bite before heading home tonight, and this shop from London was along the way. I stopped by to see if I could get a seat, and fortunately, I could (99 Duxton Road, 6221-5343).

Given the burger snob that I am, I wasn't expecting much. In that sense, their cheeseburger was better than I thought it would be, with a reasonable patty and bun without overdoing the condiments. Still, I'm a burger snob, so I'm not coming back for this either. I'd rather just wait for runs back to the US. This place seemed to be more of a rowdy place for drinks anyway.

No comments: