Sunday, October 28, 2012

Masa Steak and Hamburg from Yazawa

300g Masa Hanbaagu

I didn't eat much all day, and by the end of it, I was craving protein in red meat form. So I figured that this would be a good chance to finally come down to Yakiniku Yazawa's steakhouse next door (11 Unity Street #01-01, 6235-2941). The menu featured Japanese steak priced above S$200 (US$160) in some cases, but I went the budget route, getting a 300 gram serving of the lowly hanbaagu for only S$38 (US$31). Of course, that wasn't exactly cheap either, but I guess it was kinda like going to Morton's and getting their pricey hamburger rather than their even more expensive steak.

Nonetheless, being from Yazawa, it was all about the wagyu, which certainly made this stuff super tender (mine even squirted out hot juices when I cut into it). Just like next door, it was clear that they took a lot of pride in their ingredients, regardless if it was the salad that I got for a starter or even the quality of the rice that I got to close this off. But alas, I realized after eating this that it was actually *too* clean, whereas my guts were actually craving the depth of aged American beef instead. I'll definitely still be back here, but most likely on a special occasion to get those proper cuts of Japanese beef instead.

No comments: