Saturday, December 10, 2016

Japan's Nadai Fujisoba Ni-Hachi in Singapore

Dry Mentaiko Mazesoba

The folks at PARCO have resuscitated their old Itadakimasu food cluster from Millenia Walk, placing it now at 100 AM Mall in Tanjong Pagar. Keisuke's Tori King is still in his same spot, as is that outlet of Yayoiken. But Saboten has moved into the old Vietnamese spot, while Heijoen and Gyu Jin (née Tajimaya from Japan Food Town) are opening outlets here soon.

The only shops that were new to Singapore were a soba shop where Na Na Curry used to be, a sushi shop across the way, and some shabu shabu place that will open next to Heijoen. I figured that I'd try the soba shop first (100 Tras Street #03-14, 6443-8827).

Yeah, that mentaiko mazesoba above was decent enough for me to eat in a jiffy, even if it was a bit weird to use a coarse noodle like soba. I won't get cravings for this, but I'll come back again to try the duck that they seemed to highlight a few times on the menu.

No comments: