Wednesday, April 01, 2015

El Pescador Fish Market & Restaurant in La Jolla

Grilled Octopus Salad

I think I found this place online many years ago when searching for good fish tacos in the US. So I was really supposed to come here to order that (634 Pearl Street, 858-456-2526). But then I saw grilled octopus on the list of specials, and I was drawn in like a moth to a flame. Screw tacos; I'm here for grilled octopus!!

They stumped me a bit at first when they asked if I wanted a plate or a salad. I initially went for the former, but eventually figured that the latter would probably be better given that I had already nibbled on some stuff earlier.

And yeah, I liked it. The octopus was tender and the greens were guilt-free. Of course, I liked El Mero Mero's version much better, but this was almost quintessentially what I'd expect from a place in La Jolla, and I'm glad that I tried it.

No comments: