Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pizza Al Taglio, The Central

Mushroom Pizza Al Taglio

Geez - this pizza by the slice thing is getting popular in Singapore, eh? This place, fittingly named Taglio, was something I noticed out of the corner of my eye as I left the Central tonight (6 Eu Tong Sen Street #01-67, 6227-1795). They had a few local variations available, like a spicy chicken bak kwa-topped one and even a Thai green curry chicken one, but I stuck to a basic slice of mushroom pizza to see how it would fare. I liked the thin crust, but the overall taste still didn't give me the "bang" that I was hoping for (and I dunno why they felt the need to put parsley on it either).

What aroused me more were the rich cheese-stuffed sausages that they sold on the side - and the casings were surprisingly crispy. They also sold pasta here, which was a bit peculiar at first until I realized that these guys were actually run by the Amici people, whose Tanjong Pagar branch has since closed. While their new place wasn't necessarily anything to get me too excited, it was interesting to see another one of these pizza places opening up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The staff at Amici Tanjong Pagar were really rude. We were so turned off, we didn't even stay to eat. Good riddance.

Anonymous said...

Been there and had their pizza, nothing special, juz normal thingy, wont recommend anyone to go there...

Anonymous said...

i love the pizza there,i think the pricing there is quite reasonable. I WOULD recommend ppl to go there :)

Anonymous said...

The mushroom pasta there is amazing. I'll highly recommend that.