Thursday, August 03, 2017

Ramen Hitoyoshi at Harbourfront Centre, Singapore

Tonkotsu Ramen with All Toppings

A few former folks from Keisuke have opened up this shop at Harbourfront (1 Maritime Square #01-99, 6250-8518). For better or for worse, they seem to have taken a number of cues from their former employer, most notably the buckets of refrigerated bean sprouts on each table (no egg fetish though!). The ramen tasted a lot like Keisuke too; many of the ingredients were of decent quality, and if someone told me that bowl was from him, then I would have believed it. There were some minor differences though, like the bean sprouts being a tad heavy on the garlic, and the broth being thicker than I prefer. In that sense, this admittedly is not something that I'm likely to come back for, especially given how tired I am of tonkotsu.

No comments: