Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sakari Sushi Restaurant in Tanjong Pagar

Bara Chirashi Don

I randomly came across these guys earlier in the week, noticing a new shop that had opened up at the Orchid Hotel (1 Tras Link #01-05, 6443-9893). It turned out to be a tiny little sushi shop that in fact had been at Cuppage Plaza for a number of years. And I liked what I got, be it the bara chirashi don above or a maguro natto don that I got the other day.

Unlike that nasty thing from neighboring Teppei, this was done with attention to detail. It featured better ingredients than Sushi Kou around the corner, and was cheaper than upscale Mitsuya up the street. Actually, this place reminded me a lot of Meii Sushi in that it was a small two man operation that did reasonable lunch prices and yet surely could skyrocket if you let him have at it during dinner time. I'll be back.

7 comments:

Amandaxr said...

This looks good! How much was this - may I ask?

bma said...

Around S$20

Felicia said...

Hi there! Do they have other lunch sets with sashimi? Thanks!

bma said...

Probably. But I don't really remember since I stuck to the bowls.

Felicia said...

Thanks! I walked past to check them out last week and spoke to the chef, he used to own Azuma at Cuppage Plaza. I am thinking of either going to Sakari or Sushi Kou for dinner tmr, is the fish much fresher at Sakari?

bma said...

Haven't eaten at either one enough to really make a proper comment on the freshness, but my preference is for Sakari's cozy attention rather than Sushi Kou's commercialized picture menus.

ceadsearc said...

Brian, do try Jin Fine Dining (Amoy hotel at Far East Square) as well - the kaisen don is just as good for about SGD18 as there's a special promotion going on for the time being. Very fresh fish and delicious rice. The green tea is delicious too.