Thursday, December 13, 2012

Breakfast at Blue Ribbon Barbecue

Breakfast BBQ Tacos

Just yesterday I was rhetorically asking myself what else Austinites would put into a taco. And as I walked down the street back to the hotel I noticed these guys with a sign that said that they do breakfast (120 East 4th Street, 369-3119). Keep in mind that it was a barbecue place, but their breakfast menu had tacos on it. That made me curious, and this morning we came here to check it out.

Of course, breakfast tacos are all over the place here, but this one featured barbecue. Yep, that meant that you could put brisket, pulled pork, sausage, etc in your taco, along with eggs, potatoes, and beans. The guy suggested a brisket and potato taco, all topped with barbecue sauce on it. It turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would be, although admittedly it was really fueled by the seasonings in the potatoes, not the sauce. I'm still not used to eating flour tortillas either.

No comments: