Thursday, December 13, 2012

Cazamance in Austin, Texas

Yassa Chicken

I needed a quick lunch before getting back to meetings, and a search on Roaming Hunger showed that this West African place was nearby (1102 E Cesar Chavez, 487-7222). I had no idea what to order, but the guy suggested this yassa chicken, so I went ahead and waited for my food.

Now, my experience with African food is extremely limited, but I was expecting something pretty decently punchy. Instead, I ended up with this, which frankly wasn't anything that exciting; if my eyes were closed, I might have thought that this was catering from the hotel or something.

I suspect that I would have been much better off had I ordered the curry or some kind of vegan peanut butter thing that I thought I heard the guy suggest. Well, at least this was one of the healthiest things that I've eaten all week...I really need to load back up on some fresh greens.

No comments: