Friday, February 20, 2009

CLE African Restaurant, Singapore

Pepper Soup

I don't know anything about African food, but from what I'd seen on TV, it looked like some pretty spicy stuff. So I came down here today (16 Verdun Road near Mustafa) to give this place's pepper soup a try. It probably doesn't look like much in the photo, but it definitely packed in the heat, making all of the intestines and such much easier to eat. I may not necessarily come running back here for another serving of innards, but if the rest of the food here is this spicy, then it's worthy of another run.


Fiona said...

Interesting looking soup :) What sort of meat is in it?

Pete said...

I quite liked CLE - pretty authentic Nigerian. And sure tastes much, much better than the Nigerian I had in San Francisco, Berkeley & Oakland in recent years.