Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Turf N' Surf Po Boy in Austin, Texas

Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos

Up until last night, I had forgotten that Austin had such a food truck culture. And fortunately, there were a few of them not far from where we were at today, so I randomly went to this one (4th Congress Avenue, 276-2763) to gave it a try.

It took me a while to decipher the menu at first, but I eventually realized that it was cajun. I wasn't quite in the mood for anything as heavy as a po'boy, but fortunately they made them in taco form too. Cajun tacos? Cool!

I went for this blackened mahi mahi, which was bit salty, but good enough to finish down to the end. The gumbo that I got on the side was hot and perky too...just the thing that I needed on this chilly day outside. I wonder what else people put into tacos around here.

No comments: