Saturday, September 01, 2007

Chang Korean Charcoal BBQ Restaurant

Two orders of galbisan

Here's another one of those cool Dempsey Road restaurants (18C Dempsey Road, 6473-9005). I wasn't sure what to expect, but when they brought out sesame oil by default (not to mention the okra and cockles in the banchan spread), I was very encouraged.

How about the barbeque itself? The galbisan worked for me. They cook the food for you here (one of my pet peeves), but the meat was done just the way I like it, so it didn't matter in the end. Their proactive efforts to bring me garlic and more bean paste too were all the more reason for me to like this place.

Admittedly, all of these Korean restaurants are becoming a bit of a blur to me lately, but I was impressed enough tonight to consider this to be one of the better ones around town. Granted, the small portions mean that ordering more just to fill the remainder of your belly makes it a bit pricey, but thumbs up nonetheless.

No comments: