
This yong tau foo stall does pre-configured bowls (32 New Market Road #01-1084). And that's the only thing available: no noodles, sides, nor anything else to be found here. Just give them S$6 (US$4.70) and you get that yellow bowl with chili sauce on the tray. That's S$6 in cold hard cash BTW; no QR code in sight.
Pretty much everyone in this area had the same bowl and tray, and I can see why, as the tofu and fish paste were very delicately handled, sitting in a quality broth that didn't taste like that terrible food court stuff. Maybe that's why the Michelin people liked it too.
By the way, I also tried the other bak kwa stall, Bee Kim Heng, while I was here today (#01-1010). It was greasier, sweeter, and not as crisp as Kim Hua Guan, but the meat was very tender. My preference is for Kim Hua Guan, but it's just cool to find bak kwa stalls in a hawker center.
No comments:
Post a Comment