
You know that you're going to like a place when you want to order nearly everything on the menu (579 Castro Street, 415-431-3990). I ultimately settled for that local petrale sole above, along with an order of steamed clams. And I ended up, well, happy as a clam.
The fish was deliciously done in a lemon beurre blanc and featured not just capers, but also rice with crispy bits on the side. I wiped that plate clean with a couple orders of sourdough bread and was happy with some steamed clams as well as local wine. They had artichoke on the list of specials today but sold out just before I put in my order.
It turns out that this place is actually a Michelin Bib Gourmand, and is known for its cioppino. But to me it was just one of those local seafood places that I've always had a soft spot for. It's a bit like Swan Oyster Depot but taken up a notch in terms of preparation.
No comments:
Post a Comment