Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Spicy Wife Nasi Lemak at Amoy Street Food Centre

Aromatic Chicken Nasi Lemak

I'll admit that one reason I went to this stall is because of its amusing name (7 Maxwell Road #02-119). But the other reason is because there was always a long line for it when I passed by, and I wanted to see why. Only after getting this plate did I realize that it was probably because of these gigantic portions.

Well, I'm sure that you're wondering what that dark thing on top was: it was fried chicken. Despite its hideous appearance, it was quite moist and spiced up nicely. The rice wasn't super fragrant, but the sambal was balanced without being too sweet. They kept those eggs mildly runny too.

Yes, it is one of the better nasi lemak places, but I'm not going back either, as this was just waaaaaay more calories than I need. In fact, I don't even need to eat dinner tonight given what a gigantic plate of carbs and protein this was. OK, maybe a salad wouldn't be a bad idea.

No comments: