Saturday, July 13, 2024

China's Zheng Nan Qi Bai in Singapore

Pickled Pepper Fish Slices Rice Noodles

I love how chains from China keep opening up outlets down here. This one was at Excelsior Shopping Centre (5 Coleman Street #01-01A, 6970-0117). They serve rice noodles in your choice of five different broths, with the pickled paojiao pepper one above being the one that they are most known for.

It was pretty darned spicy, despite me ordering only the "low spicy" one. It kinda reminded me of my first time at TamJai SamGor before they adjusted the English labels on their spicy scale. On that note, this place is a lot like TamJai SamGor in that one likewise has choices of toppings, broth, and spicy level.

Still, I prefer the taste of Qianzhuang, especially since they have that smoky firewood chili there. But these guys give free refills of rice noodles, and I'm curious to know how their other stuff fares, including the cold noodle special that I saw advertised.

No comments: