Monday, June 10, 2024

Back To Wowodian For Steamed Buns

Century Old Traditional Pork Buns with Yin and Yang Noodles

I went back to Wowodian this morning to finally try those steamed buns. They were smaller than I was expecting, but soft and pillowy. I liked their suancai fensi version better than their bainian xianroubao as the former were greasier yet much cheaper.

Those "yin and yang noodles" above were fine too, but the thing that really impressed me was the baby kai lan. I didn't put a photo of it above, but theirs was a much thinner and tender vegetable than the crude and thick stuff that most restaurants use.

And they didn't just dump some lame bottled oyster sauce onto it either; this one had a thin and savory fluid surrounding it, all while being garnished with elegant white scallion slivers. It doean't sound like much, but that was one of the best things that I've eaten in a while.

No comments: