Friday, March 15, 2024

Menya Jouroku in Osaka, Japan

Chukasoba Takaida Style - Small

We went to this very old school place because they serve Takaida-kei ramen, a local style from Osaka (6-16 Nanbasennichimae, 06-6643-6633). And I liked it much more than I thought I would, as that soy sauce broth was deep with black pepper and bit of acidity, while the leeks on top provided a refreshing crunch. Those thin slices of meat were wonderfully tender too. Fortunately, they offered small sizes, which was great for keeping stomach space available for other food later.

Uni

That other food, by the way, was NOT that very expensive sea urchin at nearby Kuromon Market, which we passed through on the way here. Check out the leftmost price: ¥15,000, or US$101 each! I'm not sure if that was inflated for the bazillion tourists here, but that was not something I was willing to pay for.

No comments: