Friday, October 27, 2023

Da Friendly Isle Polynesian Food in Kahului, Maui

Lu Pulumasima Plate Lunch

I told you that I'd be stopping by those food trucks again on the way to the airport. Except this time I went to the other cluster on the west side of the Courtyard Marriott (520 Keolani Place). This Tongan truck looked very interesting, with that lu pulu masima plate lunch above featuring some wonderfully salty, fatty, and moist chunks of corned beef soaking in rich and fragrant coconut milk while being wrapped in a taro leaf. It was awesome, and came with very firm unripe bananas (more like potatoes than the sweet fruit that we usually think of). I felt bad about not having much stomach space, but I would've happily eaten most of that if it weren't for that bowl of noodles earlier.

No comments: