Saturday, May 20, 2023

Bánh Mì Sài Gòn Delicatessen in Ang Mo Kio

Bánh mì chả lụa dặc biệt

Whoa, this little corner stand was pretty darned good (505 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8 #01-2668). That bánh mì dặc biệt above was filled with a bazillion cuts of meat and then garnished with scallion oil to give it some earthiness and sweetness. Admittedly, I still prefer the spicier lighter bite of my usual Viet9, but I'd be happy to eat here if there is no line.

Yes, this definitely is one of the best bánh mì shops on the island. I want to try the more adventurous cuts of meat next, as well as perhaps some of their non-sandwich items, especially since I liked how their gỏi cuốn were tightly wrapped. Fortunately, it looks like they have opened a sister outlet on Orchard Road that is open 24 hours.

No comments: