Saturday, January 08, 2022

Bánh Mì Jambon Thịt Nguội from Viet9 Baguette

Bánh Mì Jambon Thịt Nguội

I popped up to Viet9 for a quick afternoon snack this afternoon when I noticed something on the menu that confused me: there was an option for ham as well as jambon, the latter of which I had assumed was synonymous with ham. Only after doing a bit of searching online did I realize that the former referred to those smooth white mortadella-like slices called chả lụa, whereas Jambon thịt nguội was that darker aspic headcheese. Both of them are awesome here (I love how she gets the balance of cilantro, pickles, butter, pâté, and chili just right on that airy bread), but my preference is for the jambon because every once in a while one comes across the delightful taste of black peppercorns in there too.

No comments: