Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Hanjip Korean Grill House at Singapore’s Clarke Quay

Soondubujjigae

These guys have been around for a few years now, occupying the former grounds of Da Miao (3C River Valley Road #01-11, 8882-9011). Its touristy location and upscale decor made me worry that the food itself wasn't high on their priority list, but they had a cheaper lunch menu so I stopped by to try it nonetheless. And fortunately, that soondubujjigae above was edible enough for me to finish. But I won't go back for it, as they were pretty stingy with their banchan at lunch time, and the quality of the seafood, tofu, and broth just didn't compare to places like Ju Shin Jung, which is just a ten minute walk away. The barbecue at neighboring tables looked like it had more potential, but I was turned off enough today that I won't bother going back to try.

No comments: