Saturday, August 20, 2022

Mr. Tong Snail Rice Noodles at VivoCity

Lousifen and roujiamo

I went to check out the other stalls at the Food Republic at VivoCity when one of them stopped me in my tracks: this one was serving luosifen! I was very curious to see how it differed from the instant stuff, and the answer was in the toppings, including not just the greens, bean sprouts, and hot dog slices above, but also quail eggs. Plus, it saved me the hassle of fiddling around with the bazillion sachets that one usually has to deal with at home. I didn't like the roujiamo here though, as the meat was tough and overpowered by the diced capsicum that they put in there. They didn't have any chili powder or oil on the counter for one to cover it up with either. This used to be Shi Miao Dao's stall, right?

No comments: