Friday, June 17, 2022

Hebert's Speciality Meats from Louisiana

Étouffée

I'm not in Louisiana right now, but one can get étouffée FedEx'ed over here quickly via a service called Goldbelly, which ships food from a variety of places from around the country, like Russ & Daughters, Lou Malnati's, and Pat's King of Steaks. This shop near Lafayette apparently created the turducken, and they delivered two big frozen tubs of étouffée, packed in dry ice. After a bit of defrosting and reheating, it was velvety smooth and delicately balanced, with a mildly briny and spicy taste but not being excessive in any direction. I ate far more carbs than I should've because of how tasty it was.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, you have a great blog. It's funny, I actually stumbled on this page by accident while doing a google search for "Kirin lemon soda," and came across a post you did in 2009! So then I was like huh, I wonder if they are still active and posting. So I click on your homepage, and then right away I see this awesome post about Hebert's... What's strange is that I live and have lived in Lafayette my whole life, and we love Hebert's! I love that you're still doing this and following your passion. From a fellow foodie, you have great taste! lol. But yeah, I just thought it was a huge coincidence so I thought I'd share. Good luck! -Brittany