Wednesday, March 23, 2022

NBCB: Nothing But Cheese Burger at Orchard Central

NBCB Cheeseburger

This place has been getting some attention lately, so I stopped by on my way home to see what it was all about (181 Orchard Road #04-23, 8872-0160). Cheekily named after a local swear word, it started as a home-based burger service that has since graduated into a retail shop.

I was worried that it might've been one of those places with thick yet boring patties that got drenched in sauce, but it was quite the minimalist burger - in a good way - as one could actually taste the beef. In that sense, it reminded me a bit of the now defunct Omakase Burger, which I only now realize had a store in the exact same spot before.

It's too bad then that the shoestring fries were so tasteless that I didn't bother to finish them, despite being extra crispy and piping hot. I won't go out of my way for this place, but if I do come back, I need to remember to ask them to add onions while skipping the fries.

No comments: