Friday, March 25, 2022

Char Seal Bar by Ashleymama at Havelock II

Char Seal Salad

When I walked by this place (2 Havelock Road #01-02, 8388-4310), it took me a few seconds to make sure that it had nothing to do with marine mammals. I eventually realized that it was selling char siew, and in particular, a fatty caramelized Malaysian style - yay!

Yes, it was good. It wasn't as candy-like as Meng Kee in KL, but it worked for me, especially since they also had craft beers available, including a Moutai white ale (sounds strange, but worked, especially since the baijiu aroma was rather light).

It turns out that this is yet another home-based business that has since graduated into a retail store. And they also served hotpot in ornately decorated single-serving vessels like the ones that they used to use at Xian De Lai. I'm kinda curious about the drink pairing that they do with their various sauces though.

No comments: