Saturday, June 12, 2021

Zhoushi Xiaocai at People’s Park Complex in Chinatown

Liangban

I'm not sure what these should be called, but I call them liangban boxes. See, there are a bunch of street-facing stands at People's Park Complex with assorted trays of liangbancai: cold and spicy veggies, proteins, and carbs. Point at a few of them, and they shove them all into a foam box. All of that above was just S$6.50 (US$4.90) from a random shop called Zhoushi Haoyoulai (1 Park Road #01-64). The meat was tough, but everything else was tasty.

Tese Liangpi

Afterwards, I still had a few minutes before my bus arrived, so I also quickly grabbed this liangpi from a stall in front of the bus stop called Chongqing Zhoushi Shaguo Mixian (1 Park Road #01-27). I didn't even realize it until afterwards, but this was the same Zhoushi team as the shop on the other side of the building that I bought my lianban box from. These noodles went down easily too, although I need to remember next time that these need to come with a full dragon breath alert.

No comments: