Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Trying out Singapore’s La Takorea and TiNDLE Chicken

As Seen on the Apprentice Sampler

Korean-Mexican seems a little passé these days, but you have to admit that La Takorea is a pretty creative name that they came up with. And "they" refers to a small team of contestants on a local version of The Apprentice, who even had to create dishes using TiNDLE, a plant-based chicken from a local company here.

I was curious, but also not surprised that I didn't like the food. Not only was it a bit sweet and forced, but they used lousy quality kimchi and tortillas, which just ruined it for me. It brought back memories of Huraideu, another cloud-based kitchen on GrabFood that I'm not a fan of.

One thing that I was surprised to find though was that TiNDLE actually tastes like chicken, perhaps even more so than Chicken McNuggets. OK, it's a little spongy, but still, that was better than I thought it would be. I'm not ordering from La Takorea again, but I'm curious to try TiNDLE from other restaurants around town.

No comments: