Wednesday, April 07, 2021

Soi Candy Thai Noodle Bar in Tanjong Pagar

Spicy Chiang Rai Minced Pork with Aromatic Thai Herb Salad

The first time I walked past this place (20 Tanjong Pagar Road, 8875-3095), it didn't look very promising to me, as I worried that it was prioritized on its gaudy neon decor over the food. But when I looked at the menu again today, there were a number of things that caught my eye, like this spicy Chiang Rai minced pork (I'm not sure what the Thai name was, but presumably it was some kind of larb?). Anyway, it was awesome, as it was salty, spicy, and earthy, going perfectly with the raw veggies as alternating bites. Some sticky rice helped it go down too. I'm curious about the rest of the menu now, but I'd honestly be happy ordering nothing else but this.

No comments: