Friday, March 19, 2021

Making Onsen Tamago at Sembawang Hot Spring Park

Onsen Tamago

Singapore is hardly a place to expect onsen, but there is a little one up in Sembawang along Gambas Avenue. It's not big enough for one to soak one's body in, but the National Parks Board has done a really nice job of building up some decent-sized foot baths, complete with cascading pools of three different temperatures, as well as a separate egg coooking station on the other side. Cool!

I left before dawn today so that I could snag a spot under one of the five taps. In retrospect, I probably should've kept my eggs under there for ten more minutes, but they still turned out decent after the 20 minutes or so that they were in there. I slurped that thing down on the spot, all while getting some relaxing onsen time in for my feet too.

No comments: