Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Shi Xiang Ge La Mian Shaved Noodle in Bishan, Singapore

Beef Shaved Noodle

I had totally forgotten about the Bishan Cafeteria sandwiched between the bus interchange and the carpark on Bishan Street 13. There are a bunch of food stalls up there, one of which is this one from a former Crystal Jade La Mian guy. The menu featured things like liangpi, Qishan shaozi mian, and roujiamo. But I wanted the beef noodle, which was Lanzhou-style even though it wasn't halal and with a dao xiao knife cut noodle option.

It worked for me. The broth wasn't particularly aromatic, but it was crisp and salty, giving it a nice edge. The beef wasn't as fatty as Xibu Mahua, but it was tender enough. And they didn't provide as much cilantro and green onion as I would like, but that's probably better so that I don't end up reeking all day. Most importantly, there were two big buckets of red chili oil for you to scoop from, keeping me happy.

No comments: