Saturday, December 26, 2020

Cô Hai Bánh Mì Vietnamese Baguette off Jalan Sultan

Pork Hams & Pate Baguette

I had a lot of trouble figuring this place out (359 Beach Road, 6291-6235). On one hand, it looked very promising given that they were baking their baguettes on-site. And while they were indeed crispy, they were also shockingly soft. Most importantly, those chili peppers were not spicy, making me rather disappointed and wishing that I had gone to 233 Banh Mi instead.

Phở Tái Nạm

Yet somehow, I had a gut feeling that there was more going on the behind the scenes here, so I stuck around for a bowl of phở. To my surprise, the chili peppers provided here were much spicier, and I liked everything going on with the broth too. But both the beef and the noodles were rather thick, giving me doubts again. I suspect that I'll still be back one day for dinner to try their bánh xèo and bánh khọt though.

1 comment:

me said...

The banh xeo was disappointing - Mrs Pho does it better. Their bun cha was pretty good.