Thursday, October 01, 2020

bar Milano on Keong Saik Road in Singapore

Breakfast Pizza Fritta

I've never had a pizza fritta before, so I have nothing to compare this to. But I liked it. The crust was deep fried to the point where it wasn't even what resembled pizza anymore, but was more like crackers instead. Actually, it reminded me of Navajo fry bread in terms of taste but much firmer, in a good way.

And this was was topped with prosciutto, mozzarella, and a fried egg, going nicely with the peppery tomato-ey Bloody Mary that they made me. Yes, I enjoyed it, and it was better than I was expecting.

This place is run by the Employees Only and Pasta Bar folks (55 Keong Saik Road, 6513-0524). And yes, the first word is indeed lower-case. I'd like to come back one day for dinner, but it's much more crowded and expensive at that time.

No comments: