Thursday, September 24, 2020

Shrimp Prawn Seafood at Boat Quay in Singapore

Steelpot Prawn Vermicelli

I don't think I've ever had this dish in Thailand before, but that steelpot prawn vermicelli above is this local shop's signature dish (53 Boat Quay, 8375-3888). And I was rather happy with it. As you can imagine, the tastiest part was not the prawns on top, but instead the vermicelli at the bottom, which I dove straight into after moving the prawns out of the way.

They're not afraid of using pepper, garlic, and oil here, and that's what made it so fun, especially when topped with crackling, spring onion, and cilantro. Those prawns weren't bad either, as they were fresh and huge. But the headfat wasn't very tasty, and honestly I'd be happy with just a big pot of the vermicelli on its own. Do you think they'd offer a kosong version?

No comments: