Thursday, September 10, 2020

Amò Restaurant by the ilLido Group in Singapore

Broccolini, pancetta, pumpkin, and smoked mozzarella pizza

I was near Boat Quay today when I needed some lunch, and I figured that I'd stop by this shop (33 Hong Kong Street, 6723-7733), especially since I had a coupon from their sister restaurant Grammi. They took a lot of pride in their pizzas, so I grabbed that one above, which interestingly used pumpkin instead of tomato sauce. Yes, it was inventive and pretty, but my stomach had difficulty getting excited about it. I suspect that part of it was because of the traditionalist in me, while the crust wasn't as chewy as I had hoped for either. In that sense, I would've rather gone to L'Operetta, and maybe gone with the (pasta-based) lunch set here instead.

No comments: