Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Taiwan's Magic Touch has Opened in Singapore

Spicy Hiroshima Oyster

Magic Touch sounds like some kind of new Apple feature, doesn't it? Maybe that's intentional: these guys (1 Raffles Link #B1-23, 6238-9811) use phone-based ordering systems via QR codes, with food delivered via those little bullet train systems, just like at Genki Sushi.

Anyway, this Japanese restaurant is from the Sushi Express folks, which meant that I went in with very low expectations. And it turned out better than I thought, including not just that fried oyster above, but also a seared Argentina shrimp that had some delightfully rich headfat inside.

But there was other stuff that I clenched my face at, particularly the mentaiyaki skewer. Not only was the mentai mayo sweet, but the chicken underneath it was too. The rice that they used in their dishes wasn't anything to get excited about either. I'll stick to Sushiro.

No comments: