Monday, July 13, 2020

The Scallop Higawari at Teppei Japanese Restaurant

Scallop Higawari

Back in his early days, I used to go to Teppei's original restaurant almost every day, in part just to see what his higawari daily lunch special was. But then it got so crowded that I never bothered. Obviously, these days there aren't many people out, and I was able to cruise on in with plenty of space around me to spare (and plastic veiling in front of the counter to shield the kitchen from the diners).

There were two specials today, one of which featured crab and uni. But it was the second one that sounded more interesting to me, as it featured not just scallop sashimi as well as those sauteed scallops on the left. And those were delicious thanks to all of the butter that they were sauteed in. It made me forget all about those coarsely cut chunks of pre-seasoned fish that came on the right.

No comments: