Sunday, July 12, 2020

Some More Mala-Flavored Packaged Food

Bread Talk Mala Twist

I'm generally not a big fan of BreadTalk. But they started selling these Mala Twist thingies in a bag, and they were awesome. They were crispy, flaky, and yet also full of spicy mala oil (no, it's not sweet...think more in terms of the red oil floating on top of a proper hot pot). It took quite a bit of self control for me to stop myself or else I would've decimated that entire pack in minutes.

Haichijia

And here's yet another variant from the Haichijia guys. The most notable thing about this bowl was the noodles; they were almost like rubber bands, and not necessarily in a good way. The spicy sesame mixture still made it edible, but I think I'd rather go for one of their other bowls instead.

No comments: