Saturday, July 11, 2020

The Medium-Sized Bowl at Whitley Road Big Prawn Mee

Medium Prawn Noodle

Normally when I order prawn noodle, I'm tempted to ask if they offer a kosong version: basically, screw the hassle of shelling those darned prawns and just give me the greasy/spicy noodles and savory broth. They usually don't oblige though, and today at Whitley Road Big Prawn Mee, I was glad that it wasn't an option, as I was happier about the prawns than I was about the noodles. Why? The prawns in my medium-sized bowl above were very fresh and delicate, and I wanted to eat more. Next time I'm going to splurge on their "jumbo" bowl to see how those bad boys fare. Oh, and I must remember to get more of those wonderfully airy yet savory prawn crackers from the ngoh hiang counter in the back of the shop.

1 comment:

bma said...

I went for the S$15.50 jumbo bowl this past week, and was disappointed to find that the prawns really weren't that different, even if they were fresh and sitting in a separate bowl of soup. I'll stick to the cheaper ones then.