Friday, April 24, 2015

The New Prawn Cracker Dude on Zion Road

Ngo Hiang

I've nibbled on this ngo hiang stuff a few times before, but I've never actually ordered it myself. Still, there wasn't much else that was open at Zion Riverside Food Centre tonight, so I figured that I'd try the new prawn cracker dude's stall. I was looking for something kinda unhealthy anyway.

I wasn't quite sure what to do, admittedly. At first it seemed like I just used tongs to pick out a few fried things that I liked and walk away. To my surprise, he took my plate and told me to wait. It turned out that he had to fry everything again, presumably to heat it up and make it crispy.

And that it did, going well when dipped into that hot sauce and shoveled down with a plate of that bee hoon, even if I don't really have any experience with other vendors to compare it to. Sure, all of that grease made me feel a bit sick afterwards, but at least it was affordable at just over S$3 (US$2.25) for all of that above.

No comments: