Friday, June 12, 2020

The Grilled Seabass with Lemongrass from Yunhaiyao (Yun Nans)

The Grilled Seabass with Lemongrass

I was delighted to find that Yun Nans delivers right now, as I finally had my chance to try that awesome-looking seabass that I missed last time. It's too bad then then it was neither as spicy nor as tasty as I had hoped. I'm sure that it would've been much better had it been piping hot off the grill in the restaurant itself, but by the time it reached us, it was cold and uninspiring. The other items sadly didn't travel well either, like the wild porcini mushroom dish that I love so much from them. Plus, this stuff wasn't cheap. I'd be willing to eat at the restaurant though when it's finally permitted.

Epilogue: the fish was much better after I reheated it in the oven. Presumably the other items would've fared similarly if I had any left over.

No comments: