Thursday, May 07, 2020

The Awadh at the Centrepoint in Singapore

Clockwise from top: Gosht Galawat Kebab, Non-Vegetarian Set Meal, Ulte Tawe Ka Paratha

I've been curious about this place for a while now (176 Orchard Road #01-33H, 6909-9971). It specializes in Awadhi cuisine from Lucknow; they say that they serve a royal cuisine with Persian and Mughlai influences. It's pretty expensive (even for takeaway/delivery), but fortunately they have reasonably-priced weekday lunch sets like the one in the bottom right corner. Yes, it was refined and tasty.

I got more than just the lunch set though, particularly their signature gosht galawat kebabs on top. Only after I bit into its velvety smooth texture did I realize that I'd eaten this before at Flying Monkey, but under the name galouti kebab (I think they are the same thing, from what I could see). And that went along with their signature ulte tawe ka paratha bread. These made my bill much more expensive though.

No comments: