Monday, March 09, 2020

Shake Shake Offers a Pandan Shake in Singapore

Chick'n Shack and Pandan Shake

The line at Shake Shack's new Tanjong Pagar outlet (89 Neil Road) hasn't been too bad lately, so I stopped in today to try one of the local twists on the menu: that green pandan shake in the background, featuring coconut and gula melaka crumble. It was quite a big sugar bomb though; I'd rather go to Chinatown Food Complex to get some chendol instead.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the patty in the Chick'n Shack sandwich next to it had a light crunch, but was also a bit dry, even if it had nice pickles alongside (I have yet to try Popeye's recently famous version to make a comparison). I also tried their Shack-cago Dog the other day; it was a decent Chicago dog that I inhaled quickly, but I think I'll stick to their burgers.

No comments: